(eBook pdf) Clear Thinking in a Blurry World (1st edition)
This is a digital products PDF
- No deadline once you receive your Ebook downloadable PDF through your email, you can keep it forever and there is no deadline for using it
- Interactive Features Easily highlight text, take and share notes, search keywords, print pages, and more. Some titles have flashcards, definition look-up, and text-to-speech too.
- Your Device, Your Way Access online textbooks from your laptop, tablet, or mobile phone. Mac vs PC? You’re covered.
- Go Online or Off No WiFi, no worries. You can read your digital textbooks PDFs without an internet connection
- Eco-Friendly & Cost Effective You can share the ebooks with your friends as you want
- Ebooks, Solution Manuals and Test Banks are digital files. Once they are sent to your email, there is no refund will be offered
- Cant find the book you want? Let me know and I will get the book for you
- For more info, please contact us
A ground-up Canadian text, Clear Thinking in a Blurry World offers a new way of examining the discipline of critical thinking. This text focuses on critical thinking as it applies to philosophy and cognition, rather than the typical ‘formal logic lite’ approach. Clear Thinking in a Blurry World includes many practical sections that are not commonly found in books in this market—material on numeracy and statistical analysis. Through this text, students will examine sources of information—from social exchanges, to science, to mainstream media—in detail, as well as the cognitive and social psychology of biases. This text aims directly at teaching, or beginning to teach, a broad set of knowledge, skills, and habits properly called critical reasoning faculties. Students using this text will enhance their ability to: -recognize and classify reliable and unreliable forms of reasoning -understand reasoning about evidence, including some central concepts of statistics and probability -anticipate the cognitive and social factors that make us susceptible to particular reasoning errors -critically examine science—and popular conceptions of science—in relation to the problem of how to believe reasonable things -examine the media and other main sources of information about the world to see how they might be unreliable, and under what circumstances.,ISBN-10: 1774127423,ISBN-13: 9781774127421 (eBook pdf) Clear Thinking in a Blurry World (1st edition)